Sunday, January 02, 2005

Birthday

Today is my birthday. Hurrah!

I posted photos from my swim yesterday with the Polar Bear Club below. Enjoy.

I don't think I have too much to say on the topic of turning another year older. But I am sure I can come up with something....

Getting older scares me of course, but at the same time is strangely comforting. For instance, a few years ago I would never have posted photos of myself in a bathing suit on a blog - and I was quite a few pounds smaller back then - today, however, I could care less. It is nice to not give a damn anymore. I guess that comes with age. A little more wisdom each year. I find I care less and less about things that used to matter so much. As I get older it is really the big things that matter the most - family, friends, health and true joy. I begin to understand why "...life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness..." was so important to our founding fathers. They sure didn't ask for "...the biggest SUV, more good hair days and a smaller ass..."

I also realize that it isn't really all about me. If others are happy, so I will be. If the planet is healthy, so I will be. If others feel safe, so too will I. If I give love and understanding the more loved and understood I feel. It is quite simple - really.

So, here's to turning 35!



No comments: