Friday, May 19, 2006

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Thank you Allyson for being a loyal blog reader and for helping me through one of my worst weeks ever. Unbeknownst to me, Allyson read my post about the end of my employment and immediately sprung into action looking for ways to help; speaking to her boss, the recruiter at her company, co-workers, etc. I was shocked and so touched to receive an unsolicited email from her letting me know she was working on my behalf. Thank you once again. You gave me hope in the moments when I truly felt hopeless.

Thank you Randy for being an ever-supporter. Thank you for keeping your eyes peeled for leads to send my way. Thank you for being a cool guy to work for/with. And thanks for those amazing Chili Peppers photos!

Thank you Judy for listening to me, even while you were in the middle of paradise. What more can I say? You owe me nothing yet you stood by me.

Thank you Anne for suggesting I look for work as a maternity model :-)

Thank you Dad for saying "Don't worry about it", even if I did want to scream every time you said it.

And thanks to everyone else who I am forgetting to thank. The past 9 days have been some of the most difficult of my life. Truly. Though my pregnancy is going perfectly (knock wood) and the boys are good, I have a beautiful house to live in and Ernie and I are both healthy - the prospect of facing even one month unemployed was just too much for me.

So, in light of all of the support, well wishes and great leads supplied by my extended group of friends and family I am very, very happy (and relieved) to report that yes, I have an offer of employment!

The response to my resume (posted on Monster.com) has been overwhelming to say the least. I have been on phone interviews, face to face interviews, screening calls, etc. non-stop since last Thursday. It has been really amazing. It has also helped to restore some of my faith in the business community - all of these companies who expressed interest have known about my pregnancy.

Today the first offer came in - while I was at an interview at another company. I have a great feeling that a second offer will come in on Monday (fingers crossed). The coolest thing? Both of these companies are in CT. No more commuting to NYC! Woo - Hoo!

Now the best part will be choosing between the two (hopefully). Both are wonderful opportunities and would be excellent career moves.

How did I get so lucky? How did I go from being on the bottom to being back on top? I really don't know but I do know that I can finally breath again knowing that income and health benefits are once again part of my immediate future.

Yay.

Don't know why I was so worried, really. If I weren't pregnant I would have continued taking my time looking for a new position and just enjoyed a week or two of down time. It is the pregnancy that really sparked a sense of urgency in me, and it served me well. Not that I am/was desperate, but I will admit that I was a bit panicked.

So thanks again to everyone. You all rock and I owe you big time! Everyone is invited to the farm for a big party sometime this summer...stay tuned.

Peace y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Keep me posted and I'll let you know what opens up at *wood. I still think you'd be a terrific asset to our team. All the best, good luck, and... YAY! :-)