Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Baby Watch

Still on high alert over here. Baby watch is in full swing. And I have to say I do not like it one little bit.

My due date is exactly one week from today. I was ready for this baby to make his entrance a month ago!

The boys were born at 35 1/2 weeks, so I never got this far. I also wasn't sitting around waiting to go into labor because I was in preterm labor for two months before they were born. We were doing everything we could at the time to stop the labor.

Now I just sit. And I wait. And wait. I have contractions every now and again. As I have since about 5 months along. But honestly they aren't too big of a deal. I am waiting for the REAL DEAL to begin. I don't like not knowing. This whole idea of it all being out of my control does not bode well with me. In case you don't know me too well, I like to be the one in charge.

But...as you quickly learn when you become a parent....it is very seldom that you are really the one in charge. These little people have a way of making your entire life bend to their will. Very powerful creatures....

So we wait. And Wait. and wait......

1 comment:

steph said...

so exciting! i can't wait, either!!