Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Be Good Tanyas

Surely Anne, Josette and I can do this. Can't we? I really, really want to. I want to learn to play fierce banjo and sing old traditional songs. I think if the three of us get together we could really have something here. And if I could convince my sister from LA to give up those pie in the sky dreams of celebrity - boy howdy, how cool we could sound.

I'm practicing the songs right now. You can easily find lyrics online. Drink a bottle of wine and see what you come up with. I bet Ruth would do this with me. Let's do it.

I told Ernie if he would just become a rock star I could sing like this and market the crap out of it - all while fulfilling my soul.

Check them out - The Be Good Tanyas. They are so cool. And we can do the same thing girls. The harmonies are all a 5th. The lyrics are all old traditional songs. All we need to do is come up with melodies - easy.

Seems so easy.

Isn't it easy? I have such a crush on them. I want to be a Tanya. Be a Tanya with me, please?

1 comment:

anne said...

I missed this post...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Tanyas! They are one of my favorites.

Now you must go and check out po' girl and Jolie Holland. Do it!