Monday, November 14, 2005

Shooting Star - Or Fireworks?

This weekend marked the year anniversay of my Uncle Bernard's death. He was struck by a car and killed while crossing the street near his house on a rainy Friday evening.

We had a family dinner at my parent's house on Saturday to commemorate him. As I was driving home down East Avenue in Norwalk I saw a huge shooting star/meteorite/firework blaze acros the sky. It was so bright and fast that I gasped and said "Oh My God" out loud to no one. It was huge and for a minute I thought it was a missle or something that was going to land right in front of my car. It was frightening. So I quickly made a wish - just in case it was a shooting star. So far I don't know if my wish has come true so I can't tell you if it was a star or not.

I kept looking in the sky to see if maybe it was a firework there would be more. I didn't see any more.

So thanks Uncle Bernard. We were thinking of you too.

No comments: