Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Days, They're A Gettin' Longer

Yep. They sure are. This evening, from my desk at 9 Desbrosses Street in TriBeCa, NYC the light reflecting off the buildings at 5:30 was a bright orange-pink. Sure looked like springtime to me.

The light was so remarkable that Ernie was compelled to call me on his way home from sound check at the Mercury Lounge on the Lower East Side. I can't remember the last time I noticed any light at 5:30 in the evening. It was beautiful.

By the time February is in full swing it is easy to forget that there is a light at the end of the dark, dank tunnel that is winter in the city. Today's late afternoon glow was enough to put a bit of hope back into my heart that better things are just around the bend. All we have to do is hang in there...

1 comment:

steph said...

I had a dream that indeed things got much better for you and Ernie....miss you tons and hope to see you very soon!