Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Sick Days

Whatever happened to sick days?

Whatever happened to mom bringing hot chicken soup with crackers on a tray to my bedside?

Where did the little black and white TV go that used to be set at the foot of my bed so I wouldn't get too bored?

Who took those fuzzy slippers I used to shuffle around in from my bedroom to the bathroom to the kitchen and back?

Where did that heating pad go that mom used to put behind my back to ease my aches?

How about the cool washclothes to chill my fever, and the extra blankets to sweat it out?

Sick Days 2005
Wake up
Log on
Download
Send

Get tea
Feed cats
Blow nose
Repeat

Take a nap
Answer Phone
Log on
Download
Send

Repeat

Spreadsheets
not bed sheets
Cell phones
not celluloid
Blow nose
Repeat

Sick days...2005 (*sniffle*)

No comments: